Sunday, September 24, 2006

WELCOME TO STRAIGHT TALK ON FITNESS...

At first ... I did not want to 'do' a blog.

There is so much information on the internet (especially fitness and nutrition) that I thought my opinions and ideas would be of no use to anyone and better left on the right side of my brain. However, in the past year, I have made such extraordinary gains after changing my diet and fitness regimen that I began to recognize the need to post my info online, test my hypothesis for workout regimens and diets, (non-paid) endorsements for supplements that work, criticism for those that don't and take the time to cover customer service at local gyms, fitness retailers and vitamin stores. I am opinionated, just like the next person (or personal trainer) so, STRAIGHT TALK ON FITNESS (STF) was bound to happen. And logically, I guess it was the next step since starting my personal training business a year ago.

Over the next year, we will cover:


  • Fitness
  • Nutrition
  • Diet
  • Bodybuilding
  • Weightlifting
  • Fitness trends and fads
  • Customer Service at vitamin stores / outlets
  • Customer Service at local gyms and retailers
  • Equipment retailers and consumer reports
  • and any number of items that picque our interest

What you may have noticed if you are new to weightlifting / bodybuilding is that for every personal trainer, gym and supplement there are an equal number of opinions on what works or does not work; hundreds, thousands ... all of which are usually coupled with the prefix/suffix "diet". Someone is trying to hawk a product and it is usually some fad or trend that is hot. 90% of the time it doesnt work and the advertising is false. But with bodybuilder's doing your visual bidding in the magazines it's bound to sell. Everybody has an opinion. Everybody has a product.

Customer service is an area that is never touched. Until now.

For years, vitamin stores, retailers and gyms have been given a pass on how they treat customers. Gyms smell like urine, the equipment is dirty; the faces at the front desk are not smiling and when you have a complaint, your told to call corporate. Until now.

We will cover customer service in such a way as to try and get local gyms, local vitamin stores and retailers to give us what we pay for and that includes good customer service.

Until then, hang on and email me any questions you have.

Cheers,
Mike Stewart BST (C)
Mike Stewart Fitness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home